Sunday, February 10, 2008

Logged In 4 Months!



For my daughter:

Today I said a prayer for you
My daughter of China, daughter of mine
Unknown, unborn and yet already so much of my heart
I dream of our life in flowers and light
and wonder when this life will start?

Who will you be? Who will you become?
A gentle wind or a beating drum?
A dreamer ? A dancer? A funny face maker?
A thinker? A twirler? A pretend cookie baker?

Whoever you are, whoever you'll be
I love you already ; I can't wait to see
Today we are but one day closer to knowing your spirit, to knowing your face
One day closer in this long long chase

Today I said a prayer for you
My daughter of China, daughter of mine
To keep you safe, to hold you close
Until we meet in His perfect time



klm




5 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Thought of you first thing today as I was getting ready for church--knowing it was your 4 month lidversary.

I know the wait seems monumental but let's rejoice in all the great things we have to look forward to.

Did you write this gorgeous poem??? I love it and so will she.

Hugs,
Lisa

Heather said...

Publish that poem somewhere!! it is a beautiful tribute to your sweet, sweet daughter. She will be so blessed in the loving arms of your family...may it go way quicker than any of us anticipate!!

Thinking of you,
Heather

Lori said...

Beautifully written words to your daughter. :)

Danielle Moss said...

Love this poem! It is beautiful.

Jenn said...

What a beautiful poem! Did you write this??