Sunday, September 9, 2012

Game, Set...Match??? {Sunday Snapshot}

IMG_7276-Edit-1

Oh. My. Lanta. We are off and running around here! I have been so so blessed to be able to be home full time with Jillian since we brought her home last November. It has been glorious for all of us...a special time to really focus on Jillian's adjustment...and in fact, ALL of our adjustments to becoming a family of four.

But...as they say...all good things must come to an end...and September found three of us heading back to school.

One week in...I feel good. Lia seems happy, Jillian mostly happy...and me? It felt great to be back at my middle school and the best group of co-workers ever. I think it's all going to work out perfectly...a little rushed...and the feeling that all I am doing is packing lunches constantly...but good. (Please don't visit unexpectedly until late June though...not sure my house is going to be company ready any time soon. Just sayin'... :-))

Definitely a balancing act!

IMG_7233-Edit-1

I have also made a conscious effort to keep our activities at a minimum...at least until we get back into the groove. Both girls will take dance class (Lia actually does two this year)...and we added a new love...tennis.

One of the few sports I know NOTHING about. :-)

Lia expressed an interest in tennis this summer...and I scheduled a few lessons for her just to see if she did, indeed, love it as much as she imagined she would.

She did.

IMG_7253-Edit-1

:-)

...and so...Saturday afternoons this fall will find Lia on the court...practicing her skills...and learning to love a game that I hope she will enjoy well into adulthood. Time will tell...but for now?

IMG_7263-Edit-2-1

Definitely...

Game.

Set.

Match.

IMG_7276-Edit-1

{ps...if anyone has a good lead on Tennis for Dummies...I wouldn't mind the hook up.}

Photo 4-1-1:{Canon 50D, 50 mm, f/2.5, 1/250, ISO 160}

Edited with Florabella Actions.

I am linking up to Stefanie's Sunday Snapshot. Hop on over for some serious photo love. Did you notice how I worked that tennis phrase in? Love? Get it???

Ni Hao Yall


Yeah...I really need the book for dummies. And perhaps a book of jokes...


8 comments:

Susan said...

Oh my...your girl is just gorgeous!! I loved each picture. The last was my favorite.

Love your blog too.

I'll be back!

Tera said...

Oh my word! I love that first/last picture! It is perfection!

Maybe for a Sunday Snapshot, you could get one of you and your girls together?! :)

Cheryl said...

Love your Sunday Snapshot and enjoyed browsing your blog! Nice to 'meet' you!

Hannah said...

These are great! I love tennis :) I took lessons...back when I had a life of my own {wink-wink} and then Dmitry took lessons when he was younger too.

I hope she has a great season :)

Unknown said...

I couldn't help but chuckle when I saw Lia's new love for tennis. My son, Caleb, has done the same thing! Good thing my hubby knows how to play because I'm like you! No lessons yet, though, because he's so shy. But hopefully soon, he'll join the ranks!

Hope all goes well with Lia and her lessons! These photos of her on the court are fabulous!

quilt'n-mama said...

Beautiful pics! I wish we had tennis courts in our little town, I think our girls would really enjoy learning to play the game.

Lori said...

Oh I love these shots. I hope she is enjoying her tennis time, such a great sport!
You take the best pictures ever!!!:)

Proud Mama said...

Katie- you are truely an inspiration with your pictures and your blogging. Thank you for inspiring me :-) your work is AMAZING!

Sunshine